Topic: Add / Duplicate / Remove zone

Wish:
Letting user add / duplicate or even remove edit zones on the site manually.

Possible solution:
When hovering a text zone add a sub menu letting user select Duplicate or similar.
Which zones available for duplication could be defined by admin in 'Define edit zones'.

Pros:
Would dramatically increse level of control and flexibility.

Cons:
Would dramatically increse level of chaos and failure.

Re: Add / Duplicate / Remove zone

Hi Tobias, we're working on a "repeat regions" feature at the moment.

We'll let you know once it's ready - it shouldn't be too long as we had it on the original system. We're just doing a spot of testing to mitigate the levels of chaos and failure ;)

Hi any idea when the repeating regions will be ready? I use pagelime at the moment but need a simple cms type system that allows full paths for images, your seems to be the only one that does, i have clients that want to edit there own email and ebay templates so i need the full path feature and the repeating regions would be very handy and is the only thing stopping me subscribing.

ta
Dave

We hope to get this feature live within the next month. Our time now is being spent fine tuning the current features and adding small enhancements. We'll let you know once it's live.

I am also very much interested in this. simpleCMS is perfect for my needs except for this one small thing. Any ideas on how to have a client repeat area's now? I guess just leave the entire div of content editable (giving them a chance to mess up the layout) and have them copy and paste. Thanks! Can't wait for the addition!

At the moment you can only repeat areas via copy/paste as you suggest.

We will be launching this feature soon.

This feature is also a necessity for me. Please let us know when this is implemented.

Thanks!

This feature will be ready early March

Oh, perfect! Looking forward to it :)

Looking forward to this feature!

Would it be possible to have an option for a region to be inactive so that you will be able to activate it later? Maybe, when marked inactive the region could be commented out.

Just had the thought.

Repeat regions is ready now. You'll need to manually edit the code on your web pages to enable repeat regions.

Find class="edit" and replace with class="edit-repeat"

When you go to the "Edit content" tab you'll now see this button:
http://www.simplecms.com/forumimages/repeat_regions.gif

The first icon edits the content.
The second icon, the plus, will duplicate the area.
The third icon, the minus, will remove the area.

Have a play and let us know what you think.

I love it! The only thing I noticed... If you duplicate an area and it drops below the current rendered browser page, the page doesn't render that new area. You have to save the page and let the page refresh to view to new region.

Which site/page is this happen on? What browser are you using? Feel free to email the details to us.