Topic: Images

It would be nice to be able to specify folders and paths for image uploads.  Defaulting to the root of /images doesn't allow for dynamic pages built around a folder structure.

I would like to see the images go into /images/cms/foldername (where foldername can be any folder created by the user.

Any opinions?

-Daniel

Re: Images

I'm in a similar position with uploading pdfs and docs, which a lot of my users use for posting notices, application forms, etc. Currently these all go in one default files folder. Any chance of being able to define a different folder for each user?

Thanks guys.

We have discussed this and have decided against implementing it; to do so would make the system over-complicated for those users who have a more basic understanding. With our product being SimpleCMS, we have to think about this constantly.

In the next 6 months, however, we are going to launch a download version of the system which may well include this feature.

OK, Gavin, I'll look forward to that.

Simple is good...but we also need some basics like a download folder where the client can put their files. Any simple professional site has an active news/pr section. Dumping them all in the images makes for a real mess.

(cushycms even has it on their free version, with a simple optional implementation....and you surly wouldnt want them to have something you dont have.....

There's a lot Cushy do that we don't - and vice versa. Thankfully.

We intend to launch this feature along with the download version.

Hi,

How's the new version coming along?

Slowly. We all take on client work regularly and this has taken up a lot of our time recently. We do still plan to launch this new version and it's not so far off, but it's taken a back-burner lately I'm afraid to say.