Topic: Site Admins

Would be great to have the ability to make a user an admin for a site where admins can define editable areas, add new users and manage settings but only for that site not the whole account.  This would make it more powerful to resellers.

Thanks

Last edited by Worthers (03 Feb 2011 01:26:38)

Re: Site Admins

Hi Worthers, we have this on our to-do list.

I second worthers on this request -- I already have some of my own user asking me if they could "resell my cms" to their clients.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to add a user as an admin, and allow them to add their own users (and of course be able to define how many users they can add, add existing users that I already created to their account, etc).

Right now I have a client who has 3 of his own clients using the CMS system (I have it re-branded, and CNAME'd, so he doesn't know it's a 3rd party system), and I created his clients as users, then created him as a user and added all of their sites to his user account -- but this defeats the purpose, because he's adding his own client at the rate of like 1-2 per week, and I need a way to be able to allow him to define edit areas much like I can, and/or create users and allow them to edit sites that he has under his account for example.

Naturally I would expect to be able to modify his privileges or his sub-user privileges from within my own account.

Let me know how you guys are progressing on this feature!

I love your CMS, and appreciate the fact that you allow us to brand it as our own, and resell it to our clients -- it really is a great way to earn additional revenue and provide value-added services to your list of things you offer as a hosting provider/server administrator.

Thanks again guys! =0)

Hi Eric, thanks for the suggestion/brief. That's a helpful description of how you would expect this feature to work. We haven't got any immediate plans to offer this but I see the problem you face. I'll talk to the team and we'll see if we can get this implemented within the next couple of months.

hey simon,

I think I posted about having multiple site admins back in April? I've been a paying customer all that time, and before then too, and I think it's been long enough now to adjust the auth system to allow fore this?

My original thread: http://www.simplecms.com/help/topic/38/ … min-users/

thanks,
Liam

Simon,

Any progress on this. . .it's been at least a year since your last post on the topic. :)

2 Years since your last post Simon, any word??

5 Years since your last post Simon. . .that was a long "few months" bud. :-)

10 years later.. like an episode of SpongeBob. LOL! :-)