Topic: FTP username and FTP password

I am new to this website. I am trying to edit the website but this message keeps coming up:

"We are unable to log into the server, please check that the FTP username and FTP password are correct.

If you keep seeing this message, you could check your details using your FTP software.

You may also need to add our dedicated IPs to your allowed FTP list:
208.109.198.189"

I sent two emails to Brandon Jacobs but I haven't received any help. I would appreciate advice on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Re: FTP username and FTP password

Hi TechBA, sorry, but we don't know who Brandon Jacobs is.

The problem is your FTP username or FTP password. Do you know what your FTP details are? If you don't know what they are you will need to contact the person who does and ask for them. You can then add those details to the system - if you have problems with this, feel free to email the details to us and we will help out but we will need the correct FTP details before we can do anything.

Hi there

I have currently the same problem. Have checked ftp details and can log in via FileZilla OK. Have been logging in OK on an earlier occasion. Trying to evaluate the system for clients..

The problem is your FTP username or FTP password. Do you know what your FTP details are? If you don't know what they are you will need to contact the person who does and ask for them. You can then add those details to the system - if you have problems with this, feel free to email the details to us and we will help out but we will need the correct FTP details before we can do anything.

Hi Eva, I have just replied to your email about this. The site URL that you have has HTTP Authentication set up on it so this is blocking SimpleCMS from accessing your website.

I have the same problem and have tried different ways. Please Help!

Hi Watu, please email us so we can take a look at the details you're trying to enter.

When connecting to the FTP, you will only want to use the domain (mydomain.com) for the host.
You can also use the IP address of the server to connect.

All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.