Topic: Page Disappeared

Hi

I was working on editing a page with a customer when SimpleCMS reported that it had disappeared.

I then went to the website, and lo and behold, I get a 404 error.

I have no idea what happened, but I didn't look very good afterwards!

The page is at http://www.northwessexleader.org.uk/about_faq.html

Any assistance appreciated.

Harry

Re: Page Disappeared

Hi Harry, we're investigating this one to find out what happened. We'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

Many thanks.

When I went to the FTP server later in the day, there was no trace of the HTML page - so it looks as if it was completely removed.

We were using a Windows7 pc with ie - probably version8 if the information helps.

Is there any general advice as to whether IE or Firefox is the better browser to use for using SimpleCMS?

Many thanks,

Harry

Hi Harry, I can see that you edited that page twice on 26th October and three times on 27th October. There does not appear to be any issues with your updates.

It seems very strange that your page would be completely removed. SimpleCMS doesn't delete files from your FTP server. It will add new files and update files. My guess is there was an error transferring the page to your FTP server which caused this.

Has this happened to you again or is everything working correctly?

We would recommend Firefox over IE for use with any website, not just SimpleCMS.

Hi

Yes, this has happened again.  It happened when I was away for a few days so the website top linked page was simply not there until I could re-upload it.  All trace of it had disappeared from the server.

I don't know if I can try to re-create the exact steps taken to make this happen, but I shall try.  Unfortunately it is a local government site and Firefox isn't supported so the customer cannot access it that way.

Harry

Hi Harry, are you able to email us the FTP log for the site?