Topic: Rearranging Repeatable Regions

Is it possible to rearrange repeating regions with resorting to the code editor?

Re: Rearranging Repeatable Regions

Simon's reply on this page shows how you could re-arrange the repeating regions:
http://www.simplecms.com/help/topic/96/ … g-regions/

Is it just me or does that link Gavin provided have nothing to do with rearrange repeating regions? All that link seems to talk about his how to make repeating regions, but is there a way to move the regions up and down after they have been made is the question.

Sorry if I'm completely crazy, and there is an answer on that forum, I just can't seem to find it.

I am interested in finding out about this also. I have a client that is asking me about this now. It makes sense that you should be able to move the repeatable regions around, it is something common place in alot of editors for example most email newsletter services allows you to do that. Can you let us know definitively if it is possible or not to move a repeating region and if not are there are any plans to add this feature? Thanks!

I agree -- I see no answer to the specific question asked (without resorting to the code editor)

Hopefully this new version of Simple CMS (announced last year) will come out soon :P

edit: Hi Scott :P

Last edited by Scott5 (23 Feb 2012 04:52:33)

Hi Guys, the short answer is no you can't re-order them. You can simply create new regions before/after an area and copy/paste the content from another region into the new region which could be used in a roundabout way of re-ordering them.

We haven't got any plans to add this feature but it seems like something we should have plans for given the number of requests above. I have added it to our to-do list.

Scott5 - all in good time, you'll be the first to know ;)

I also would like to throw out that this would be a nice feature to have. :)

Yes I have just been asked for this feature also...